TOAST LABS, INC.
– Creators of DYSH App –
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you submit directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Dysh account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, profile picture, bio description, username, and phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be “found” on Dysh.
- Information from social media accounts you connect (e.g. email address, profile pictures, usernames, and credentials)
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, ratings, location, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Toast Labs Inc. or Dysh. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding and Inviting your friends on Dysh:
- If you choose to find or invite your friends through your device’s contacts list, then Dysh will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using Dysh.
- If you choose to find your friends through a search of names or usernames on Dysh then simply type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Service.
- Note about “Invite Friends” feature:If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our “Invite friends” feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Dysh does not have access to or control this communication.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Dysh.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help others or us provide reports or personalized content in the future. Information collected through device identifiers may include device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals utilized on your device. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo or comment), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- fulfill customer support requests
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, this may be based on your location and/or preferences provided to us during your usage
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- provide feedback to businesses listed on the Service
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Dysh application on your device
- comply with legal obligations
- enhance the security of the Service
Please remember that the information you post to the Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, photos, comments, likes, friends, lists, and account profile. We may display this information on the Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Toast Labs Inc. without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Toast Labs Inc. is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymous data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to re-use.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using Dysh have copied, shared, or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Toast Labs Inc. or its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Toast Labs Inc., its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Toast Labs Inc. cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Toast Labs or Dysh or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Dysh make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Toast Labs Inc., Dysh, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Toast Labs Inc. and Dysh do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a Dysh User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using the Service, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Just want to talk? We would love to hear from you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.